By Cyrena Martin
If you continue to think the way you have always thought, you’ll continue to get what you’ve always got. Is it enough?” - Paul Meyer
Many of us are comfortable traveling in Coach; not just flying in an airplane from city to city—living our best lives—but also in our everyday lives. We have settled, and often we don’t even recognize we are settling. We live each day, casually accepting what happens, if we are not pushed outside of our comfort zone. We are doing better than some of our friends and family, but not living up to our full potential. Many of us have conditioned ourselves to think that the only way we will become worthy of enjoying the finer things, is if we win the Powerball. NOT True!
Do you want to live a First-Class lifestyle? If so, why aren’t you making first-class decisions?
These are just a few reasons we have not yet decided to live a first-class lifestyle:
1. Just Going With The Flow. Never taking risks or learning a new skill or allowing yourself the opportunity to grow.
2. Not Believing In Yourself - Doubt, accepting uniqueness, and realizing you do not have anything to prove to anyone. Living life just to please others; Pleasing our employer, our families, our friends, significant others and doing just enough to be comfortable.
3. Inability To Take Responsibility For Your Own Life - It’s ok, you may not get it exactly right the first time as long as you learn from it and keep going. Don’t give up on goals and dreams you know you are passionate about.
4. Broken - We have not yet healed from the past. We still carry the baggage of past relationships, generational trauma, grief, and trying to live up to the expectations of others.
5. FEAR - Instead of Facing Everything And Rising, we tend to Forget Everything And Run! Seriously, we overlook how amazing we are. Forgetting how we were born with gifts and talents already inside of us, all we must do is be unapologetic in developing and utilizing these gifts and talents to the best of our abilities.
Knowing your worth is not defined by dollars. Your worth is loving ALL of you -strengths and weaknesses; no longer worrying about what others think or feel about you; choosing to surround yourself with positivity, and involving yourself in only healthy relationships.
The time is now! Let’s live First Class! Start living your life intentionally—show up and shout out! Be authentic and unapologetic in becoming better than you were yesterday, and striving to be even better tomorrow. Create happiness, live boldly, and know your worth.